Forum: Ruby RubyGems Index Slow to Update

james (Guest)
I uploaded a gem about five hours ago and I'm still not seeing it in
queries?  About how long should it take the server to pick it up?

James Edward G. II
james_b (Guest)
James Edward G. II wrote:
> I uploaded a gem about five hours ago and I'm still not seeing it in
> queries?  About how long should it take the server to pick it up?

I think the mirrors are updated every 30 minutes; though there may be a
"push on update" process in place.

Some new mirrors have have come online recently( and 30-Second Rule
should have its mirror set up in a day or so, I hope), so perhaps there
is an issue with the mirroring process, and you're fetching from an
out-of-date server.

Have you tried explicitly setting the gem server path to rubyforge.org?

James B.

tom (Guest)
On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 13:30 +0900, James B. wrote:
> James Edward G. II wrote:
> > I uploaded a gem about five hours ago and I'm still not seeing it in
> > queries?  About how long should it take the server to pick it up?

Should be about an hour or so... unless you're hitting that Ruby 1.8.3 +
RubyGems problem...

> I think the mirrors are updated every 30 minutes; though there may be a
> "push on update" process in place.

Yup, we're hoping to get to that soon... just need to get everyone
pulling gems/files from Dennis' mirror server...

Yours,

Tom
tom (Guest)
On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 09:31 -0500, Tom C. wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 13:30 +0900, James B. wrote:
> > James Edward G. II wrote:
> > > I uploaded a gem about five hours ago and I'm still not seeing it in
> > > queries?  About how long should it take the server to pick it up?
>
> Should be about an hour or so... unless you're hitting that Ruby 1.8.3 +
> RubyGems problem...

Ah, yup, it's fastercsv, right?  It's this:

Yours,

Tom
ara.t.howard (Guest)
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, Tom C. wrote:

> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/...

couldn't a coverter be made so you guys could trigger a

   ruby183 foo.gem | ruby182 > foo.gem

to convert?  only if this would be simple, but i bet someone on the list
would
write the converter for you.

-a
tom (Guest)
On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 23:44 +0900, Ara.T.Howard wrote:
> write the converter for you.
That would certainly work for me...

Tom
james (Guest)
On Nov 16, 2005, at 8:37 AM, Tom C. wrote:

> Ah, yup, it's fastercsv, right?  It's this:
>
> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/...

Thank you.  I was not aware of this issue.

For those following along, this does NOT appear to be fixed in Ruby
1.8.4 Preview 1.

James Edward G. II