Forum: Ruby Double posts?

ezra (Guest)
Why is every post I make to the list getting doubled? Or is it just
me? I'm using Mail.app on OSX.

Cheers-
-Ezra Z.
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster
http://yakimaherald.com
509-577-7732
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
merkoth (Guest)
i have the same problem using gmail (by web). whenever i post to the
list, i have my message double posted...
james_b (Guest)
Ivan V. wrote:
> i have the same problem using gmail (by web). whenever i post to the
> list, i have my message double posted...

I think you're jut getting a copy sent to you from GMail; it may not be
double-posting to the list.

James
gregory.t.brown (Guest)
On 12/1/05, Ivan V. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> i have the same problem using gmail (by web). whenever i post to the
> list, i have my message double posted...

This annoyed me for a while, so I set up a filter.
Go to create a filter up by 'Search the web' and then put in the from
field your email address and the to field ruby-talk and have it trash
them by default. :)
merkoth (Guest)
yup, gmail is keeping a copy of my post to show everything "as a
thread" an then the mailist sends me my own post... thanx gregory for
the tip ;-)
rascal1182 (Guest)
On 12/1/05, Gregory B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> On 12/1/05, Ivan V. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > i have the same problem using gmail (by web). whenever i post to the
> > list, i have my message double posted...
>
> This annoyed me for a while, so I set up a filter.
> Go to create a filter up by 'Search the web' and then put in the from
> field your email address and the to field ruby-talk and have it trash
> them by default. :)

I tried that once.  Doesn't it trash the entire thread?

I generally want to keep the threads around that I posted in for
reference.  I may try it again - perhaps I'm wrong.
hawkman.gelooft (Guest)
2005/12/2, James B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:

> Ivan V. wrote:
> > i have the same problem using gmail (by web). whenever i post to the
> > list, i have my message double posted...
>
> I think you're jut getting a copy sent to you from GMail; it may not be
> double-posting to the list.
>

> James

it probably is,
but i did see someone else double-post, who (probably coincidentially)
also
used GMail.
but i agree, it's very annoying.
gregory.t.brown (Guest)
On 12/2/05, Rob R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I tried that once.  Doesn't it trash the entire thread?
>
> I generally want to keep the threads around that I posted in for
> reference.  I may try it again - perhaps I'm wrong.

No it doesn't trash the thread.  But it does trash YOUR response :-/
Which sucks, yeah, but it's less annoying than double posts to me.