Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: Re: Newbie: Building conditions from form

HOGANBP (Guest)
Agreed.
listbox (Guest)
On 1-dec-2005, at 21:28, Hogan, Brian P. wrote:

> I find the apparently common dislike of SQL surprising. To me, SQL is
> a language much like css. Very compact. Very logical (therefore easy
> to retain) and very powerful.

It's not about readability, SQL is very elegant and readable.

it's about composing the needed query _programmatically_ with minimum
fuss, adding conditions and operators
as they are needed, conditionally or in batches.

Whuc, in current Rails, IS clunky.

I think I've seen a Query plugin somewhere on the web but I just
can't trace it. Maybe it was announced on the list as well.
--
Julian 'Julik' Tarkhanov
me at julik.nl