I made my own with Eclipse for Windows:

http://www.napcs.com/howto/railsonwindows.html

Or if you don't want to build your own, you can use the up-and-coming
radrails at www.radrails.org

And I hear that TextMate is awesome for the Mac

As for tutorials, after you do cookbook, try the 'four days on rails' or
just start buiding your own app. The agile book will cover a much larger
app (an online store).
Farooq (Guest)
on 2005-12-04 07:53
I have got instantrails "working". I am not sure if this is the write
forum to ask this, so excuse me if it isn't. Once I have imported the
cookbook example into RadRails, I start the server, and it stays on
'Starting' state. Although the apache piece is working fine, I can't
seem to figure how to put break points or get it show anything on the
server console. Any ideas or tutorials ?

Thanks