Forum: Ruby win32ole questions

itsme213 (Guest)
Starting without any Powerpoint or Word tasks running: after I do:

  p1 = WIN32OLE.new "Powerpoint.Application"
  p2 = WIN32OLE.new "Powerpoint.Application"

  w1 = WIN32OLE.new "Word.Application"
  w2 = WIN32OLE.new "Word.Application"

In Windows Task Manager I now see:
  1 Powerpoint task
  2 Word tasks

Why the difference?

Also, what is the best way to script non-COM applications on windows
e.g. by
scripting their UI events?

Thanks!
Sean O. (Guest)
On 11/15/05, itsme213 <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>  2 Word tasks
>
> Why the difference?

PowerPoint allows only a single instance to be running at any one time.
Word allows multiple instances. Simple as that.

> Also, what is the best way to script non-COM applications on windows e.g. by
> scripting their UI events?

AutoIt (http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/) is pretty good for that
kind of thing (and it's free :)

Regards,

Sean
enleverlesO.OmcO (Guest)
Hi!

To see, in word (options), "fenêtres dans la barre des tâches" (in french) ;
in english, it is, perhaps, "windows in taskbar"

@-salutations

Michel Claveau