Forum: Ruby on Rails Isnt rails pluralzation recursive??

shodhan_sheth (Guest)
Hi
0.13.1 evaluated 'status'.pluralize as status
0.14.2 ecaluates the same as 'statuses'
so i fixed by
  Inflector.inflections do |inflect|
     inflect.uncountable %w( status )
  end
now both 'status'.pluralize and 'status'.singularize result in 'status'
unfortunately my schema involves another table called
'status_definition'. to my surprise "status_definition".pluralize was
evaluated as "statuses_definition". how come it isnt a recursive
algorithm where the plural of status_definition warrants the evaluation
of the plural of status ??
shodhan
jeremy (Guest)