Forum: Ruby Workflow/Rules Engine in Ruby?

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Saimon M. (Guest)
on 2005-12-01 12:27
Hi all,

Does anyone know of any workflow/rule engines implemented in Ruby?

Thanks,

Saimon
lyndon.samson (Guest)
on 2005-12-01 14:46
(Received via mailing list)
On 12/1/05, Saimon M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of any workflow/rule engines implemented in Ruby?


Somebody released a state machine compiler that generates Ruby recently.
teslaomd (Guest)
on 2005-12-01 17:09
(Received via mailing list)
It's not so much workflow, but if you're looking for something that
deals with Rules/Expert Systems I remember coming accross a few you
could either port or create C-binding that use the Rete algorithm.

I would suggest seeing if you can find a C/C++ implementation and
creating Ruby bindings.
zoso (Guest)
on 2005-12-01 19:15
(Received via mailing list)
On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 09:43:03PM +0900, Lyndon S. wrote:
> On 12/1/05, Saimon M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does anyone know of any workflow/rule engines implemented in Ruby?
>
>
> Somebody released a state machine compiler that generates Ruby recently.

    State Machine Compiler? http://smc.sourceforge.net/

    Written in Java, I think, but generates Ruby (it's a compiler, so
the
result doesn't depend on Java or anything)...
Saimon M. (Guest)
on 2005-12-02 12:51
zoso wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 09:43:03PM +0900, Lyndon S. wrote:
>> On 12/1/05, Saimon M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Does anyone know of any workflow/rule engines implemented in Ruby?
>>
>>
>> Somebody released a state machine compiler that generates Ruby recently.
>
>     State Machine Compiler? http://smc.sourceforge.net/
>
>     Written in Java, I think, but generates Ruby (it's a compiler, so
> the
> result doesn't depend on Java or anything)...

Yes, I 'm having a good look at smc. It might just fit the bill but I
need to investigate it a bit deeper.

I think I might need to be able to modify it on the fly, in which case
smc may not be applicable.

Thanks,

Saimon
eule (Guest)
on 2005-12-02 13:23
(Received via mailing list)
Hello Saimon,

Haven't tested it out, but there is
http://www.jhorman.org/Torrent/index.html

good luck
k
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.