Forum: Ruby on Rails OnLamp Tutorial and another way of displaying Recipes.

Jm M. (Guest)
on 2005-11-15 18:54
Could anyone help a new guy figure out how to display the Recipes from
the Onlamp tutorial
(http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/03/03/rail...) in
another way?

I'd like to have all the recipes list out under their categories on the
same page.
Something like this....

 Category Snacks
 Snack 1
 Snack 2
 Snack 3
 Snack 4
 Snack 5
 Snack 6

 Category Beverages
 Beverage 1
 Beverage 2
 Beverage 3
 Beverage 4

And so on....anyone have a clue? It seems simple but, I'm very new to
Ruby/Rails...

Thanks!
Guest (Guest)
on 2005-11-15 21:57
railsnewb wrote:
> Could anyone help a new guy figure out how to display the Recipes from
> the Onlamp tutorial
> (http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/03/03/rail...) in
> another way?
>
> I'd like to have all the recipes list out under their categories on the
> same page.
> Something like this....
>

>  Category Snacks
>  Snack 1
>  Snack 2
>  Snack 3
>  Snack 4
>  Snack 5
>  Snack 6
>

>  Category Beverages
>  Beverage 1
>  Beverage 2
>  Beverage 3
>  Beverage 4
>

> And so on....anyone have a clue? It seems simple but, I'm very new to
> Ruby/Rails...
>

> Thanks!

Or, if someone knows how to list a category that has many fields out, in
the above manner....that would be much appreciated if I could get it
explained.