Forum: Ruby on Rails render :partial, :collection in RXML templates

francois.beausoleil (Guest)
Hi !

Is this expected to work:
xml.instruct!(:xml, :encoding => 'ISO-8859-1')
xml.contacts do
  render :partial => 'contact_xml', :collection => @contacts
end

Considering that contact_xml is a partial named '_contact_xml.rxml' ?
I get an empty contacts element in the resulting document, and the
@contacts array sure does contain two elements.

Thanks !
sstephenson (Guest)
Hi Francois,

On 11/29/05, Francois B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> @contacts array sure does contain two elements.
Try:

  xml.contacts do
    xml << render :partial => ...

sam
francois.beausoleil (Guest)
Hello Sam !

2005/11/29, Sam S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> Try:
>   xml.contacts do
>     xml << render :partial => ...
>   end

Sorry for the late reply.  Works like a charm !

Thanks !