Forum: Ruby on Rails Penny Arcade runs on RoR

farrel.lifson (Guest)
Penny Arcade one of the most, if not the most, popular webcomics in
existence have switched over to Rails. As gabe says on their site:

"Penny Arcade right now represents the largest implementation of
rails" on the intertron. I went and looked at a website about rails
and then I got a headache. From what I gathered it's either some kind
of cutting edge programming language, or a way to liquefy a man's
brain inside his skull. I'm told that it means the site looks better
and loads faster regardless of whatever hippy web browser you decide
to use. "

That's pretty neat.
blair (Guest)
Farrel L. wrote:

> That's pretty neat.

Do you have a link to the note?  I took a quick look around and did some
Google
searching but nothing turned up.

Thanks,
Blair
swillison (Guest)
On 14 Nov 2005, at 21:49, Blair Z. wrote:

> Do you have a link to the note?  I took a quick look around and did
> some Google searching but nothing turned up.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2005/11/14 near the bottom of the page
(search for rails).
todd (Guest)
* Simon Willison [2005-11-14 16:51]:
> On 14 Nov 2005, at 21:49, Blair Z. wrote:
>
> >Do you have a link to the note?  I took a quick look around and did
> >some Google searching but nothing turned up.
>
> http://www.penny-arcade.com/2005/11/14 near the bottom of the page
> (search for rails).

Apparently it's running behind

Server: kitchen_sink 2.0/'yo-mama 3.0/FreeBSD 6.0/PostgreSQL 8.1

Maybe we can get that setup on the wiki? ;-P

--

toddgrimason*todd[ at ]slack.net