Forum: Ruby on Rails NewB Q: Reloading changed class with Webrick...

De R. (Guest)
    I am new to ruby/rails. I have a class that live in a module and
resides under
lib in my application. The class is being picked up fine from the rails
app. But if I make changes to it, it looks like the class does not get
reloaded by webrick.
Jonathan (Guest)
on 2005-11-29 23:04
kitesurfer wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am new to ruby/rails. I have a class that live in a module and
> resides under
> lib in my application. The class is being picked up fine from the rails
> app. But if I make changes to it, it looks like the class does not get
> reloaded by webrick.

I'm having the same problem.  Is this the SessionRestore error?  There
are some materials to be found by Googling on that phrase, but there
really is no solution except to manually delete your session each time.
I tried upgrading to the latest  version of rails (because one of the
pages I found on this error said this problem is fixed in the latest
release) and now greater problems are presenting themselves (so I
wouldn't recommend that).  You can try putting in the 'model :yourclass'
directives, but there seems to be some disagreement as to whether that
actually works or is needed (in my case, it didn't help).