Forum: Ruby on Rails dev.rubyonrails.org down..

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
joevandyk (Guest)
on 2005-11-29 10:04
(Received via mailing list)
It's been down for the past five minutes.  :-(  Perhaps I should
rethink my choice of deploying my staging apps using edge rails.
Jarkko L. (Guest)
on 2005-11-29 10:36
(Received via mailing list)
On 29.11.2005, at 9.05, Joe Van D. wrote:

> It's been down for the past five minutes.  :-(  Perhaps I should
> rethink my choice of deploying my staging apps using edge rails.

Well, http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ is a Trac app (read python), so
this is hardly a reason to avoid edge rails.

//jarkko
joevandyk (Guest)
on 2005-11-29 10:40
(Received via mailing list)
On 11/29/05, Jarkko L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>
> On 29.11.2005, at 9.05, Joe Van D. wrote:
>
> > It's been down for the past five minutes.  :-(  Perhaps I should
> > rethink my choice of deploying my staging apps using edge rails.
>
> Well, http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ is a Trac app (read python), so
> this is hardly a reason to avoid edge rails.

Yes, but the subversion service was down as well.
joevandyk (Guest)
on 2005-11-29 10:44
(Received via mailing list)
And it's back up.
technoweenie (Guest)
on 2005-11-29 10:48
(Received via mailing list)
On 11/29/05, Jarkko L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>
> On 29.11.2005, at 9.05, Joe Van D. wrote:
>
> > It's been down for the past five minutes.  :-(  Perhaps I should
> > rethink my choice of deploying my staging apps using edge rails.
>
> Well, http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ is a Trac app (read python), so
> this is hardly a reason to avoid edge rails.

I took that to mean that he's depending on it to actually deploy the
app, and the downtime is impeding him.

Here's a switchtower/rake task that I use that keeps a copy of edge
rails in my shared directories on the server.  Each deployment gets
its own rails revision saved on the server.  I don't change rails
revisions every time, so I may have several deployments using the same
rails version.  Most of the time I don't even hit the ror server to
deploy.

http://www.bigbold.com/snippets/posts/show/858

--
rick
http://techno-weenie.net
Jarkko L. (Guest)
on 2005-11-29 10:56
(Received via mailing list)
On 29.11.2005, at 10.40, Joe Van D. wrote:

> Yes, but the subversion service was down as well.
A-ha. Good catch :-) The gem servers are not 100% either, so it
probably doesn't matter that much.

//jarkko
joevandyk (Guest)
on 2005-11-29 11:08
(Received via mailing list)
On 11/29/05, Rick O. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I took that to mean that he's depending on it to actually deploy the
> app, and the downtime is impeding him.
>
> Here's a switchtower/rake task that I use that keeps a copy of edge
> rails in my shared directories on the server.  Each deployment gets
> its own rails revision saved on the server.  I don't change rails
> revisions every time, so I may have several deployments using the same
> rails version.  Most of the time I don't even hit the ror server to
> deploy.
>
> http://www.bigbold.com/snippets/posts/show/858

Ooh, that's quite cool.  I was getting worried about the 25MB that
gets checked out from the repositories on every deployment.
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.