Forum: Ruby on Rails What's this called again ...?

monch1962 (Guest)
Hello list,

Some time back I remember discussion of a tool (I think it pre-dates
engines) that let you quickly/easily deploy multiple instances of a
single Rails app onto a single server.  If, for example, you had
multiple customers that wanted to run the same application, but with
e.g. different logos and possibly slightly different rulesets, this
tool could make a "clone" of an application and let you override the
core views/controllers/models if and where you needed to do so.

I've completely forgotten the name of this tool, and searching a few
possible keywords in Google hasn't been enlightening.

Could someone please tell me what this tool is called, as I've got a
possible use for it?

Thanks in advance

Dave M.
joshpaul (Guest)
Not positive, but was it "productizing?"

http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/RailsProdu...
monch1962 (Guest)
That's it!  Thanks Joshua
duncan.mailinglists (Guest)
On Tuesday 29 November 2005 05:10, Joshua Paul wrote:
> Not positive, but was it "productizing?"
>
> http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/RailsProdu...

I think engines plugin can do the same, and I think it is more easy and
clean
for this case (overriding) and when you want to make a module of a
vertical
slice of the app. (note that I dont like the other examples of engines
as
issolated components which want to fit in all applications)

Duncan