Forum: Ruby on Rails new site

jpinnix.alt (Guest)
Hello everyone,

I'm just wanting to announce my first full web site built with Rails:

http://www.runwaynetwork.com

The Runway Network is a Record Label, Publishing Rep, and Production
Management company.

Thanks for all of the assitance on this list, #rubyonrails, and of
course DHH!

jeremy
http://www.pixelgrazer.com
alltom (Guest)
On 11/11/05, jeremy*pinnix <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I'm just wanting to announce my first full web site built with Rails:
>
> http://www.runwaynetwork.com

I like it.

> jeremy
> http://www.pixelgrazer.com

- Tom
epfrederick (Guest)
I like it, but I am utterly thankful I don't have dialup :-)
tarsolya (Guest)
On 11/11/05, jeremy*pinnix <removed_email_address@domain.invalid > wrote:

> I'm just wanting to announce my first full web site built with Rails:
> http://www.runwaynetwork.com
Nice site there.
How much time did it take creating it from scratch (if you did so)?

On 11/11/05, Edward F. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I like it, but I am utterly thankful I don't have dialup :-)
It's not so bad, imo :)

Cheers,
Andras

--
András Tarsoly
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
jpinnix.alt (Guest)
Thanks András,

It was from scratch. However, I have a designer that I work with who
delivered front-end components which I integrated with the back-end
that I created. The back-end took around two weeks of actual work,
including learning Rails (and managing other projects/clients)...
Which is a testament to Rails.

I've been working on another Rails project with another programmer and
the same designer. It is for a non-profit that does work in Africa for
orphans, HIV/Aids patients, water purification, etc. I'll be
announcing that one soon.

jeremy
tarsolya (Guest)
On 11/14/05, jeremy*pinnix <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> The back-end took around two weeks of actual work,
> including learning Rails

Impressive. That is exactly what I wanted to know. I'm about to start
a big portal in Rails (instead of php) and I'm kinda afraid that my
timing and planning aren't good, but as I've done some research on the
subject, it seems to be OK :)

Nevertheless, thanks for the info and let me know if you finish that
non-profit one :)

Cheers,
András
--