Forum: Ruby on Rails iCal in Rails?

rails (Guest)
Hello all --

If this isn't the right list for this sort of request, please direct me
elsewhere...

I'm looking for a calendar app. Ideally, one source that reads &
displays iCal-format calendars, as well as event-creation and publishing
of it's own. (The end-goal is a office- or department-wide calendar that
is multi-user-editable -- "Client coming in" -- as well as incorporating
individuals' calendars.)

-- Joshua
bpaland (Guest)
Hi Joshua,

> I'm looking for a calendar app. Ideally, one source that reads &
> displays iCal-format calendars, as well as event-creation and publishing
> of it's own. (The end-goal is a office- or department-wide calendar that
> is multi-user-editable -- "Client coming in" -- as well as incorporating
> individuals' calendars.)

There is a iCalendar  in ruby:
http://icalendar.rubyforge.org/

I wanted to integrade this in my rails-app, and started already, but I
had to prefer an other appliction for a customer.

Perhaps someone can tell you more about this.

Greetings,
Beate
brad (Guest)
Also look at http://vpim.rubyforge.org/

Slightly different functionality than iCalendar... sometimes works a
little better.
--
Brad E.
866-EDIGERS

It should be released in January. Stay tuned!
eknapp (Guest)

I'm also working on calendar application. However, mine is different
than I have seen anywhere. I don't think I need iCalendar support. I
want my students to be able to see a calendar with my available slots
and make appointments with me. The taken slots are then just marked as
unavailable. I am pretty sure that I'm on my own for what I want. But,
is there a basic something that just creates an HTML calendar?

Thanks,

-Eric
lordkhaos (Guest)
On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 21:34 -0600, Eric K. wrote:

> -Eric
One of the list members (haven't seen him around in a while -- you still
here Doug?), Doug Alcorn, has done some really good work with calendars.
I was able to get a local calendar app for my personal use going in a
jiff with his pointers.

Search his blog at: http://blog.lathi.net/articles/2005/ for the
details.

Also,
Ruby temporal expressions (RUNT) may be useful for you for determining
available times and such -- runt.rubyforge.org

HTH,
Howard
eknapp (Guest)
This is great! I hadn't started my research and you have just saved me
a lot of time. I love this list!

Thanks,

-Eric
Bruno M. (Guest)
Hello Carl,

Is it possible to get a snapshot view (svn co or similar) of the
current app as it is (if your app is going to be GPL'ed)? Would help
getting an idea on how to solve some of the data modelling problems I
am trying to solve for Calendar apps :)

Cheers

/B

On 11/29/05, Carl-Johan K. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > little better.
> > > I wanted to integrade this in my rails-app, and started already, but I

Bruno M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Currently in: Sydney, Australia