Forum: Ruby on Rails IRB : Disable auto-inspect mode ?

peter.fitzgibbons (Guest)
Hello all,

I would like to know if there is a way to disable IRB's auto-inspect
mode ?
Even better would be to disable it from one call?
I have an ActiveRecord routine I have to run with script/console... and
would like to supress the 5000 record find(:all) while still getting the
results of subsequent calls?

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

--
hgs (Guest)
On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Peter F. wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to disable IRB's auto-inspect mode ?
> Even better would be to disable it from one call?
> I have an ActiveRecord routine I have to run with script/console... and I
> would like to supress the 5000 record find(:all) while still getting the
> results of subsequent calls?

neelix hgs 85 %> irb
irb(main):001:0> ["large"] * 1000 ; nil
=> nil
irb(main):002:0>

i.e. just make nil your last expression.  Does that do what you
need?

> Any Ideas?
>
> Thanks!

        Hugh
peter.fitzgibbons (Guest)
You're a genius!!!   ... or I'm still a newb.

Thanks for the tip!