Forum: Ruby on Rails 15m Intro Video

tmatsumoto (Guest)

For the people who've seen the 15m Intro Video, can you tell me what
application is being called up from the terminal? the one that has the
gui directory drawer on the left side and tabs on the top.

It looks really useful.

Todd
juan.g.hurtado (Guest)

2005/11/28, tmatsumoto <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> Hi,
>
> For the people who've seen the 15m Intro Video, can you tell me what
> application is being called up from the terminal? the one that has the
> gui directory drawer on the left side and tabs on the top.

It's TextMate [1], a very useful text editor.

[1] http://macromates.com/
--
Juan G. Hurtado
[ removed_email_address@domain.invalid ]

you've asked a all time favorite ;)

it's textmate: http://www.macromates.com/

regards
Jan
brucebalmer (Guest)
probably textmate.  This is my texteditor of choice for programming
rails.  The project drawer and the tabs really aid my productivity.
Look up "textmate" in google.

bruce
arav2132 (Guest)
> Textmate.
    > The project drawer and the tabs really aid my productivity.

The 3rd party TmCodeBrowser plugin is a nice addition. See:
      http://www.cocoabits.com/TmCodeBrowser/Manual/index.html

Alain R.
brucebalmer (Guest)
thank you.  Downloading that now.
aidanf (Guest)
Can anyone using textmate comment as to how it compares with
eclipse/Radrails?

thanks,

AF
joshpaul (Guest)
I'm coming from a java background, but I'm not an Eclipse user.
Considering I'm in the process of learning Rails, I'd rather wrestle
with one thing at a time. So, my 2¢ is: unless you're already
familiar with Eclipse, I think you'll be more productive in TextMate.

- joshpaul
papipo (Guest)
On 11/28/05, Aidan F. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Can anyone using textmate comment as to how it compares with
> eclipse/Radrails?
>
> thanks,

I haven't used TextMate, but i'm using RadRails atm. I can say that
RadRails
is not mature to really increase your productivity (yet, I hope).

AF
brucebalmer (Guest)
Rodrigo:

I'd answer but have never used eclipse/Radrails.  In fact, I have no
idea what they are.

I have used subethaedit though.  If you want to do some extreme
programming that is an interesting product also.

bruce