Forum: Ruby on Rails OT: good admin gui postgresql on OSX?

jeroen (Guest)

I recently bought by first Mac and I'm looking for some alternatives for
my windows applications.

Does anybody know a decent gui admin app for postgresql? On windows I
use postgresql manager:
http://www.sqlmanager.net/en/products/postgresql/manager

I find this a very good piece of software and it's free, even though I
paid a little for some extra features. I'd love to use something similar
on my mac, preferably free. pgmyadmin is not an option.

Thanks in advance!

Jeroen
cool_screen_name90001 (Guest)
I hear that pgadmin has been ported (or it's at least in the works):
http://www.pgadmin.org/

csn

--- Jeroen H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> paid a little for some extra features. I'd love to use something similar
> on my mac, preferably free. pgmyadmin is not an option.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Jeroen

I know of a few:

If you install the DarwinPorts postgres8, it gives you a client.
Can't recall what it is offhand but one day I was doing something and
it popped up. It's there..

PGnJ - A Java client. http://www.trikenit.com/projects/pgnj

Druware has a postgres client: http://www.druware.com/products/
postgresql.html

DbVisualizer (which is prob the closest to Sql Manager) - www.dbvis.com

And yah, PgAdmin3 works.

- jason
cole.jeff (Guest)
I like Aqua Data Studio a lot.  http://www.aquafold.com/

-jeff
Lee I. (Guest)
Jeff C. wrote:

>> Does anybody know a decent gui admin app for postgresql? On windows I
>> use postgresql manager:
>> http://www.sqlmanager.net/en/products/postgresql/manager
I'm using NaviCat for doing MySQL db development and find it quite
useful.  There is a version for PostgreSQL as well.
http://www.navicat.com/download.html
ettober (Guest)
the new navicat postgresql  runs on mac and looks pretty nice... even
if quite expensive...

http://pgsql.navicat.com/mac_detail.html

Ettore