Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: Execute commands on rails startup?

wooyay (Guest)
>Why don't you want to execute them w/ smth like cron?

This is for cleaning up data inconsistencies that emerge when the server
has to be restarted. In normal operation these errors won't come up, so
a cron job would just waste cpu time.

On 27 Nov 2005, at 19:49, Martin S. wrote:
>> Why don't you want to execute them w/ smth like cron?
>
> This is for cleaning up data inconsistencies that emerge when the
> server has to be restarted. In normal operation these errors won't
> come up, so a cron job would just waste cpu time.

Create a wrapper script to clean up the data and then launch the server?

Yours,
Craig
--
Craig W. | t: +44 (0)131 516 8595 | e: removed_email_address@domain.invalid