Forum: Ruby on Rails Execute commands on rails startup?

wooyay (Guest)
I want to execute some cleanup sql statements ONCE when rails starts up.
Where can I put that? environment.rb?
Or will that be executed every time a new scgi or fcgi instance gets
started?

Thanks,
Martin
Martin S. wrote:
> I want to execute some cleanup sql statements ONCE when rails starts up.
> Where can I put that? environment.rb?
> Or will that be executed every time a new scgi or fcgi instance gets started?

Why don't you want to execute them w/ smth like cron?