Ruby/Tk-Kit for RubyInstaller 1.9.1p378rc2

Hi.
Now, you can download a trial version of Ruby/Tk-Kit for RubyInstaller
1.9.1p378rc2 (tested on Windows XP). Ruby/Tk-Kit version of tcltklib.so
includes full environment of Tcl/Tk. So, you don’t need to install
Tcl/Tk
on your windows box.

You can download at
http://www.dumbo.ai.kyutech.ac.jp/~nagai/RubyTk/?Ruby%2FTk-Kit
(The page is written in Japanese. sorry.)

RubyInstaller 1.9.1p378rc2 doesn’t include Ruby/Tk files. At first,
please download “rubytk-simple-w-img_ext-for-RubyInstaller191.zip”.
The file is a full package. Please extract it at RubyInstaller’s
lib/ruby/1.9.1 directory.

“tcltklib.so-simple-20100520-ruby191-mingw-for-RubyInstaller191”
and
“tcltklib.so-w-exts-20100520-ruby191-mingw-for-RubyInstaller191”
are files for replacement of tcltklib.so.
The former includes standard Tcl/Tk only,
and the latter includes many Tcl/Tk extensions.
If you want to use the one of those, please rename it to tcltklib.so
and copy to RubyInstaller’s lib/ruby/1.9.1/i386-mingw32 directory.

The structure of tcltklib.so is same as Tclkit for Tcl/Tk.
It means that the tool “SDX” (The Starkit Developer eXtension)
for Tclkit (Starkit) can treat tcltklib.so of Ruby/Tk-Kit.

If you try it, it’s my pleasure.
Any kind of reports are welcome.

Now, you can download a trial version of Ruby/Tk-Kit for RubyInstaller
1.9.1p378rc2 (tested on Windows XP). Ruby/Tk-Kit version of tcltklib.so
includes full environment of Tcl/Tk. So, you don’t need to install
Tcl/Tk
on your windows box.

The rubyinstaller guys would be happy to accept a patch to their recipes
to bundle Tcl/Tk with the installer, as well…

-rp

From: Roger P. [email protected]
Subject: Re: Ruby/Tk-Kit for RubyInstaller 1.9.1p378rc2
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 01:10:41 +0900

Now, you can download a trial version of Ruby/Tk-Kit for RubyInstaller
1.9.1p378rc2 (tested on Windows XP). Ruby/Tk-Kit version of tcltklib.so
includes full environment of Tcl/Tk. So, you don’t need to install
Tcl/Tk on your windows box.
The rubyinstaller guys would be happy to accept a patch to their recipes
to bundle Tcl/Tk with the installer, as well…

Please give me time to clean up Ruby/Tk-Kit version of tcltklib.c.
It’s not only for RubyInstaller,
I think that it is a new (and selectable) make-style of Ruby/Tk.

To make such tcltklib.so, libraries for Tclkit are required.
Isn’t it a problem for recipes of RubyInstaller?

From: Roger P. [email protected]
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 05:49:01 +0900

does it need tclkit or is just tcl/tk enough?

It requires Tcl/Tk sources or static build libraries,
some sources of Tclkit, Metakit4, TclVFS, zlib,
and (maybe optional) iTcl.

Please give me time to clean up Ruby/Tk-Kit version of tcltklib.c.
It’s not only for RubyInstaller,
I think that it is a new (and selectable) make-style of Ruby/Tk.

To make such tcltklib.so, libraries for Tclkit are required.
Isn’t it a problem for recipes of RubyInstaller?

does it need tclkit or is just tcl/tk enough? I have a patch for those
ones ready…
-rp

does it need tclkit or is just tcl/tk enough?

It requires Tcl/Tk sources or static build libraries,
some sources of Tclkit, Metakit4, TclVFS, zlib,
and (maybe optional) iTcl.

Oh ok. Sounds like an interesting project. I think rubyinstaller plans
on distributing with a “built” tk in the future, so making sure it can
overwrite those files would be a plus.
-rp

From: Hidetoshi NAGAI [email protected]
Subject: [ANN] Ruby/Tk-Kit for RubyInstaller 1.9.1p378rc2
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 07:23:16 +0900

Now, you can download a trial version of Ruby/Tk-Kit for RubyInstaller
1.9.1p378rc2 (tested on Windows XP). Ruby/Tk-Kit version of tcltklib.so
includes full environment of Tcl/Tk. So, you don’t need to install Tcl/Tk
on your windows box.

You can download at
RubyTk - Ruby/Tk-Kit
(The page is written in Japanese. sorry.)

Sorry. Files at 20100520 include silly bug.
If you downloaded 20100520 version, please download 20100523 version
and replace tcltklib.so.