Gateway Shutting Down

Rubyists:

We have long maintained a gateway between the comp.lang.ruby Usenet
group and the Ruby T. mailing list. This gateway shuttles most
messages back and forth between these two groups.

When our community was young, that was very important for keeping us
together. Especially since we had small memberships count early on.

Our community has grown beyond this phase. We have a ton of groups
and have long since split into our separate domains.

I have maintained the most recent incarnation of the gateway for years
now, but it was running on the server of a company I don’t even work
for anymore. I needed to find it a new home, but I really don’t think
it’s worth the resources to maintain anymore. Given that, I’m
retiring as the gateway maintainer today and the gateway is shutting
down.

Again, I just don’t feel we need it anymore. If you disagree, the
code is publicly available and you are welcome to devote your own
resources to the project. (Please, think hard before you reinstate it
though. There are consequences to having it.)

Thanks for understanding.

James Edward G. II

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 3:17 PM, James G. [email protected]
wrote:

Given that, I’m retiring as the gateway maintainer today and the gateway is
shutting
down.

It should be offline now.

James Edward G. II

Thank you for all of your hard work…
I hope that I can return the favor someday…
Good luck in your next endevor
Pat