Forum: Ruby Problem with rails

printdude1968 (Guest)
Just installed Ruby and rails as per onlamp.com
Trying to work through the tutorial
Downloaded and installed mysql
Downloaded and installed MySqlFront
No problems so far.
SQL server started
Trying to connect to localhost as root (no password) just like the
instructions say.  My Windows XP box times out waiting for connection.
I've searched the FAQ and MySql Ref Man but can't find anything that
will tell me what I'm doing wrong.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled
just to make sure that I'm doing all the right steps in the proper
order.
M.B.Smillie (Guest)
On Nov 26, 2005, at 20:02, Print Dude wrote:

> reinstalled just to make sure that I'm doing all the right steps in
> the proper order.

Off the top of my head, I would say "firewall?"

More helpfully, I'd suggest trying the Rails mailing list, since
they're going to be a lot more familiar with installation problems.

matthew smillie.
printdude1968 (Guest)
Matthew S. wrote:
>> I've searched the FAQ and MySql Ref Man but can't find anything  that
>
> matthew smillie.

Thanks... all I had to do was configure NIS to all for MySQL and the
problem went away.