Forum: RSpec Adding specs to engines

ru_ghetto (Guest)
I am breaking an app into a bunch of rails 2.x style engine plugins.
The app is already tested with rspec and I am trying to figure out how
to get autotest or even rake spec to run the examples in the plugins.

Thanks for any information
David C. (Guest)
On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 10:33 PM, ru_ghetto<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> I am breaking an app into a bunch of rails 2.x style engine plugins.
> The app is already tested with rspec and I am trying to figure out how
> to get autotest or even rake spec to run the examples in the plugins.
>
> Thanks for any information

For plugins there is a rake spec:plugins task, but you can also roll
your own rake task pretty easily. Just take a look at all the
different spec tasks in lib/tasks/rspec.rake (generated when you ran
script/generate rspec). Also doco is here:

http://rspec.rubyforge.org/rspec/1.2.6/classes/Spe...

HTH,
David
Hendrik Volkmer (Guest)
Hi!

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 5:33 AM, ru_ghetto<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> I am breaking an app into a bunch of rails 2.x style engine plugins.
> The app is already tested with rspec and I am trying to figure out how
> to get autotest or even rake spec to run the examples in the plugins.

We use our dry_plugin_test_helper [1] to test our engines. The TODOs
at the bottom of the README are solved. So it should work with RSpec.

You should use PluginTestEnvironment.initialize_engines_environment
instead of PluginTestEnvironment.initialize_environment for engines
tests/specs.

Cheers,
Hendrik

http://github.com/imedo/dry_plugin_test_helper/tree/master