Forum: Ruby on Rails Daemonize/daemons causing IOError. Help?

Chris J. (Guest)
on 2009-06-09 06:29
Anyone have any idea why this error is occuring?

http://pastie.org/505297

I am creating a plugin that provides a configurable logger.  When I set
the logger to be Logger.new(STDOUT), things work fine.  When I set it to
be Rails.logger, I get the above message.

Any insight?

I appreciate it.
-Chris
Chris J. (Guest)
on 2009-06-10 02:41
Chris J. wrote:
> Anyone have any idea why this error is occuring?
>
> http://pastie.org/505297
>
> I am creating a plugin that provides a configurable logger.  When I set
> the logger to be Logger.new(STDOUT), things work fine.  When I set it to
> be Rails.logger, I get the above message.
>
> Any insight?
>
> I appreciate it.
> -Chris

For the record, I fixed this by delaying the loading of the Rails
environment until within the daemonized process.

Got the idea from here:
http://www.elevatedrails.com/articles/2008/12/02/d...

-Chris