Forum: Ruby on Rails Abbreviated stack when using runner

Perry S. (Guest)
on 2009-06-07 00:42
When I use script/runner and get an exception, the stack that is printed
often has something like:

        from
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.2/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:200:in
`save!'
         ... 9 levels...
        from
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.2/lib/commands/runner.rb:46

Is there any way I can get a full stack?

Thanks,
Perry
Maurício L. (Guest)
Look for the file config/initializers/backtrace_sileners.rb

And leave it just like this:

# Be sure to restart your server when you modify this file.

# You can add backtrace silencers for libraries that you're using but
don't wish to see in your backtraces.
# Rails.backtrace_cleaner.add_silencer { |line| line =~
/my_noisy_library/ }

# You can also remove all the silencers if you're trying do debug a
problem that might steem from framework code.
Rails.backtrace_cleaner.remove_silencers!

You'll get all backtraces again.

-
Maurício Linhares
http://alinhavado.wordpress.com/ (pt-br) |
http://codeshooter.wordpress.com/ (en)

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Perry
Perry S. (Guest)
on 2009-06-07 03:07
Maurício Linhares wrote:
> Look for the file config/initializers/backtrace_sileners.rb
>
> And leave it just like this:
>
> # Be sure to restart your server when you modify this file.
>
> # You can add backtrace silencers for libraries that you're using but
> don't wish to see in your backtraces.
> # Rails.backtrace_cleaner.add_silencer { |line| line =~
> /my_noisy_library/ }
>
> # You can also remove all the silencers if you're trying do debug a
> problem that might steem from framework code.
> Rails.backtrace_cleaner.remove_silencers!
>
> You'll get all backtraces again.

That didn't seem to affect scripts/runner

For now, I kludged it by doing:

begin
  <rest of script>
rescue => e