Forum: Ruby on Rails How does controller call render when there's no render in action

Vojto (Guest)
Hello,

I was studying Rails source and at this point:

def process(request, response, method = :perform_action, *arguments)
#:nodoc:
        response.request = request

        initialize_template_class(response)
        assign_shortcuts(request, response)
        initialize_current_url
        assign_names

        log_processing
        send(method, *arguments)

        send_response

I have a question.

"send(method, *arguments)" this calls action of a controller, right?
But if there's no 'render' in action - how does it automatically call
render and renders the template for the action?

Thanks a lot
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Jun 6, 12:17 pm, Vojto <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I have a question.
>
> "send(method, *arguments)" this calls action of a controller, right?

not quite - (at least in the common) case, the method that gets called
is perform_action, which calls default_render if you have not called
render.

Fred
Vojto (Guest)
Sweet,

so I totally missed perform_action method :)

Thanks :)

On Jun 6, 3:01 pm, Frederick C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>