Forum: GNU Radio sound card interface, "audio source"

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Omer Q. (Guest)
on 2009-06-06 13:17
hi,
i have installed GRC on GNU Radio Ubantu successfully....

im doing project related to RF Front End ..

everything is working properly but i have a promlem. i have to
communicate

 two computers through sound card using stereo cable.

im generating output from first pc on the "sound out" pin by using block

"audio sink" in GRC.

but on the other hand, "audio source" block is not working.

plz can anybody help me....
Michael Sprauer (Guest)
on 2009-06-06 14:39
(Received via mailing list)
Am Samstag, 6. Juni 2009 11:17:00 schrieb Omer Qureshi:
> [...]
>
> but on the other hand, "audio source" block is not working.
>
> [...]

Omer,

Can you go more into detail?
What is "not working"?
Are there error messages at the bottom, that you can paste here?
Did you receive anything?

Michael
Omer Q. (Guest)
on 2009-06-06 15:55
Attachment: FMmOD.grc.png (0 Bytes)
Michael Sprauer wrote:
> Am Samstag, 6. Juni 2009 11:17:00 schrieb Omer Qureshi:
>> [...]
>>
>> but on the other hand, "audio source" block is not working.
>>
>> [...]
>
> Omer,
>
> Can you go more into detail?
> What is "not working"?
> Are there error messages at the bottom, that you can paste here?
> Did you receive anything?
>
> Michael


ok let me try to explain u...
im taking output from PC1 i.e. transmitter.
by using block called "audio sink".
i want to recieve that signal on the other PC i.e. reciever
by using block called "audio source"
there is no detection on the reciever side.
no error message.
how can i receive that signal
i have to take input from the sound card "line in"
i want to run all this in real-time..
im attaching two pics. may be it can help u to understand...
in that pic i have placed "file sink"
and "file source".
Omer
Omer Q. (Guest)
on 2009-06-06 15:59
Attachment: fMdemod.grc.png (0 Bytes)
Omer Qureshi wrote:
> Michael Sprauer wrote:
>> Am Samstag, 6. Juni 2009 11:17:00 schrieb Omer Qureshi:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> but on the other hand, "audio source" block is not working.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Omer,
>>
>> Can you go more into detail?
>> What is "not working"?
>> Are there error messages at the bottom, that you can paste here?
>> Did you receive anything?
>>
>> Michael
>

 ok let me try to explain u...
 im taking output from PC1 i.e. transmitter.
 by using block called "audio sink".
 i want to recieve that signal on the other PC i.e. reciever
 by using block called "audio source"
 there is no detection on the reciever side.
 no error message.
 how can i receive that signal
 i have to take input from the sound card "line in"
 i want to run all this in real-time..
 im attaching two pics. may be it can help u to understand...
 in that pic i have placed "file sink"
and "file source".
 Omer
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.