Forum: Ruby on Rails I guess my configurations is fabar?

Rick M. (Guest)
I am trying to put my development env on a new Ubuntu box. I use
NetBeans as my IDE. When I attempt to launch the initial migration I
get the following error:

rake aborted!
no such file to load -- net/https

Since I have never seen this before (I also develop on a Mac) I am in
the dark as to what I did wrong; any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Rick
Rick M. (Guest)
My post title should have read "fubar" not "fabar"... anyway I still
have not figured out why I am getting this error. I am sure it is just
something I screwed up but I don't have a clue what it is.
Conrad T. (Guest)
On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 2:47 PM, bearblu <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> > rake aborted!
> > no such file to load -- net/https
> >
> > Since I have never seen this before (I also develop on a Mac) I am in
> > the dark as to what I did wrong; any help would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Rick

I would recommend the following course of action:

a)  get Rails working without the NetBeans IDE
b)  integrate the NetBeans IDE

Good luck,

-Conrad
Rick M. (Guest)
this code was working, on a different box but it died and I needed to
move it to a new one. I get the same error when I envoke ruby script/
server I am on a generic Ubuntu
Ar C. (Guest)
on 2009-06-05 17:43
Rick Martin wrote:
> this code was working, on a different box but it died and I needed to
> move it to a new one. I get the same error when I envoke ruby script/
> server I am on a generic Ubuntu

You need to get the ssl lib for ruby.

sudo apt-get install libopenssl-ruby1.8

(get the one appropriate for whichever ruby version you're running)