Forum: Ruby READYSTATE_COMPLETE = 4

Jerry L. (Guest)
on 2009-06-04 13:05
I am trying to use this but not sure how to implement it. I just want to
check after x seconds if page is loading so was trying something like:

    sleep (10)

    pageCheck = READYSTATE_COMPLETE = 4

    if pageCheck = true
      puts 'test passed'
    else
      puts 'epic fail'
      end

Any ideas where I am going disasterously wrong?
Justin C. (Guest)
Jerry Lane wrote:
>       puts 'epic fail'
>       end
>
> Any ideas where I am going disasterously wrong?

'=' is for assignment, '==' is for comparison.

sleep (10)

pageCheck = READYSTATE_COMPLETE = 4  # This sets pageCheck and
READYSTATE_COMPLETE to 4

if pageCheck = true  # This sets pageCheck to true
  puts 'test passed'
else
  puts 'epic fail'
end

It's hard to tell exactly what you are trying to do, but I _think_ you
want something more like

if READYSTATE_COMPLETE == 4
  puts 'test passed'
else
  puts 'epic fail'
end

or if you need pageCheck later

pageCheck = READYSTATE_COMPLETE == 4

if pageCheck
  puts 'test passed'
else
  puts 'epic fail'
end

-Justin
Jerry L. (Guest)
on 2009-06-04 14:17
when I try this I get the following:

test_00009_Bug4986_error_on_dialog_close(DocumentTestScripts):
NameError: uninitialized constant
DocumentTestScripts::READYSTATE_COMPLETE
    c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:105:in
`const_missing'
    test_Bug4986.rb:42:in `test_00009_Bug4986_error_on_dialog_close'

It is actually a type of Watir test I am trying to run which checks if
the page displays done (as in fully loaded) in the bar on the bottom of
the window but I cant get it to work :(
Justin C. (Guest)
Jerry Lane wrote:
> It is actually a type of Watir test I am trying to run which checks if
> the page displays done (as in fully loaded) in the bar on the bottom of
> the window but I cant get it to work :(

You might want to ask on the Watir mailing list, then:
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general?pli=1

But the previous code is not going to work - you need to get the
readyState from the Watir::IE object and compare that to
READYSTATE_COMPLETE (which is 4): http://wtr.rubyforge.org/rdoc/

-Justin