Forum: NGINX upstream module question

Jérôme Loyet (Guest)
Hi all,

with the upstream module, in default mode (WRR), what is the best way
to disable a server from the pool ?

1- simply remove the line
2- add the "down" keyword to the server
3- set server weight to 0 to disable it

Thx for the answers.

++ jerome
Igor S. (Guest)
On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 10:05:21AM +0200, J?r?me Loyet wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> with the upstream module, in default mode (WRR), what is the best way
> to disable a server from the pool ?
>
> 1- simply remove the line

This is.
Jérôme Loyet (Guest)
2009/6/3 Igor S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 10:05:21AM +0200, J?r?me Loyet wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> with the upstream module, in default mode (WRR), what is the best way
>> to disable a server from the pool ?
>>
>> 1- simply remove the line
>
> This is.

So the others just don't work ?
Avleen Vig (Guest)
On Jun 3, 2009, at 9:42, Jérôme Loyet <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

>> This is.
>
> So the others just don't work ?

I expect they do, but nginx still has to parse the line, maintain the
entry in memory, etc.

I just comment out the line when I take a server out, and put a
comment in the file as to why I did it :)
Igor S. (Guest)
On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 10:42:45AM +0200, J?r?me Loyet wrote:

> > This is.
>
> So the others just don't work ?

They may work but I need to ensure this.
Jérôme Loyet (Guest)

>> > This is.
>>
>> So the others just don't work ?
>
> They may work but I need to ensure this.
I'll try some times, don't waste time with that If you don't really
want to figure out :)