Forum: Rails deployment Mongrel Cluster help

Ken G. (Guest)
on 2009-06-03 10:29
Hello
i am newbie in rails
I wanted to know what is mongrel cluster what  it is used for

wish some one can help me out
thanks any way
Mahalingam M. (Guest)
on 2009-06-29 10:34
Ken G. wrote:
> Hello
> i am newbie in rails
> I wanted to know what is mongrel cluster what  it is used for
>
> wish some one can help me out
> thanks any way

Hi,

In RoR to start the app we normally use 'ruby script/server', in
enhancement to these a gem was introduced to do the same work and that
is mongrel.

the syntax for mongrel is ' mongrel_rails start -e <environment> -p
<port no> '

to create a cluster that is to run the app in multiple ports and work as
a daemon the mongrel cluster is used.

the syntax for mongrel cluster is ' mongrel_rails cluster::start '

to make this command work first we have to create a mongrel_cluster.yml
with all required details

mongrel_rails cluster::configure -e <environment> -p <port no> -a
127.0.0.1 -N <no of mongrel instances> -c /path/to/your/app

this command will create a mongrel_cluster.yml file which will be
utilised by the mongrel cluster

Hope this info is clear,

Rgds
TML