Forum: GNU Radio Re: GNU Radio 3.2 Release and Fedora 10 Boost Library Issue

Alberto T. (Guest)
On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 08:36 -0700, Mark J. Yusko wrote:
I recently tried to compile 3.2 using updated Fedora 10 and ran
into a "not using boost > 1.35" error during ./config.  With Fedora 11
to be released in a few days, I find it
preferable to wait for this release and then upgrade my system to 11
(which includes boost 1.37) since there are a
multitude of RPM dependencies to work out with 10.

> Boost 1.35 RPM and 1.37 RPM is available to download, but to
upgrade other RPMs due to there dependency needs is too laborious at
this time.

> Mark

Hi

I had the same issue
when compiling GR 3.2svn on Fedora 9. Note that the requirement is boost
>= 1.35.
I managed to solve it by removing the
RPM 1.34 and installing Boost 1.35.0 compiling it from source.
btw, when I uninstalled Boost 1.34 rpm, no other rpm
complained...
But if you simply compile 1.35 and then update the pkgconfig
information, it should work.

You may
consider this, if you don't want to wait Fed11.

Alberto

Promozione di Primavera ! Stampa le tue foto nei formati 13x17 e 13x19 a
soli 0,11 euro.

http://photo.tiscali.it
Eric B. (Guest)
On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 08:26:55PM +0200, Alberto T. wrote:
> You may
> consider this, if you don't want to wait Fed11.
>
> Alberto

You can build boost from source and it can coexist with the older
system version.

See
http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/RE...

Eric