Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 Gtk based libs return false on require

Detlef R. (Guest)

the Gtk based libraries like gtk, gnome and panel-applet return false
from the require call, even if they are successfully loaded. The other
libraries like glib, pango and gst return true like expected.

I've searched around, but found no reason for this.

Cheers, detlef

--
http://det.cable.nu
Detlef R. (Guest)
Detlef R. schrieb:

> the Gtk based libraries like gtk, gnome and panel-applet return false
> from the require call, even if they are successfully loaded. The other
> libraries like glib, pango and gst return true like expected.

after I compiled ruby from source, the problem was gone. Strange...

Cheers, detlef

--
http://det.cable.nu
Kouhei S. (Guest)

In <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
  "[ruby-gnome2-devel-en] Gtk based libs return false on require" on
Mon, 1 Jun 2009 14:18:46 +0200,
  Detlef R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> the Gtk based libraries like gtk, gnome and panel-applet return false
> from the require call, even if they are successfully loaded. The other
> libraries like glib, pango and gst return true like expected.
>
> I've searched around, but found no reason for this.

I couldn't reproduce it:

  % irb
  irb(main):001:0> require 'gtk2'
  => true