Forum: JRuby Help JRuby "win" at JavaOne Script Bowl

Charles Oliver N. (Guest)
Hey there folks! There will be a "Script Bowl" again this year at
JavaOne, and we'd like your help in the "Community" round. We'd like to
show slides listing projects, conferences, books, etc to show how
healthy and busy the Ruby community is. I think just showing the sheet
numbers of projects, etc will really drive the point home.

So I started a quick list of categories (probably one slide per
category) and items to list here:

http://gist.github.com/121082

If you have suggestions, reply to this email, email me directly, or
whatever.

Thanks very much everybody :)

- Charlie

The ORM you're missing is probably Og.
Is there still an Enterprise Ruby?

In terms of Graphics/Games you have the following (assuming a JRuby
context):
Gemini
JRuby JMonkeyEngine wrapper
Ruby Processing

Are we going to write apps that blow away Scala/Groovy/Clojure again? (:

Logan B.
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
http://www.logustus.com

On May 31, 2009, at 4:51 PM, Charles Oliver N. wrote:

>   http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Norman S. (Guest)
on 2009-06-01 19:02
Charles Oliver N. wrote:

> So I started a quick list of categories (probably one slide per
> category) and items to list here:
>
> http://gist.github.com/121082

ActiveState's Komodo should be added to the Ruby IDE list.

Norm