Forum: Ruby Ruby for Python 0.0.1

Gary Niger (Guest)
Hi everyone!  I've borrowed ideas from _why's original attempts to
compile
Ruby into Python bytecode.  I'm releasing a fully-featured Python
bytecode
compiler which works on Ruby source code.  It's passing the full
rubyspec suite, at least for the time being.  I've also added
basic interfacing between Ruby and Python so Ruby can call Python
objects
and vice versa.  Here's a link to the project page:

http://bit.ly/19dPM7
Cheers!

Gary Niger

--"Pretty much, Apple and Dell are the only ones in this industry making
money. They make it by being Wal-Mart. We make it by innovation."
- Steve Jobs
Roger P. (Guest)
on 2009-05-30 22:02
Gary Niger wrote:
> Hi everyone!  I've borrowed ideas from _why's original attempts to
> http://bit.ly/19dPM7

Don't try that link--it is meant as some prank [causes very loud noise
to play, then attempts to open window after browser window or something
like that--opera handles it fine, chrome not as well].
Take care.
-=r
Michael G. (Guest)
On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Roger P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Gary Niger wrote:
>> Hi everyone!  I've borrowed ideas from _why's original attempts to
>> http://bit.ly/19dPM7
>
> Don't try that link--it is meant as some prank [causes very loud noise
> to play, then attempts to open window after browser window or something
> like that--opera handles it fine, chrome not as well].
> Take care.

Whatever you do don't open that link.  I wish I would have seen
Roger's message before clicking...

Anyone know how to make Firefox forget what tabs you last had open?  I
killed my browser, but every time I open Firefox back up those images
damn images appear.  Safari will have to do until I figure out what to
do.

Michael G.
Michael G. (Guest)
On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Michael G.
wrote:
> Whatever you do don't open that link.  I wish I would have seen
> Roger's message before clicking...
>
> Anyone know how to make Firefox forget what tabs you last had open?  I
> killed my browser, but every time I open Firefox back up those images
> damn images appear.  Safari will have to do until I figure out what to
> do.

Nevermind, I got it all worked out.  `killall -9 firefox-bin` then it
prompts if you want to restore the previous session.
Sergio A. (Guest)
The project sounds good but the website is pretty useless: no download
section, no documentation, etc.

I-don't-know-who started a similar project (good idea, useless
website) few years ago. I think it was called 2 ladies 1 glass or
something similar.

Cheers,

Serabe

P.D. And now, back to work.
Mohit S. (Guest)
Michael G. wrote:
>>> to play, then attempts to open window after browser window or something
>>

> Nevermind, I got it all worked out.  `killall -9 firefox-bin` then it
> prompts if you want to restore the previous session.

I think if you select "Exit" from the Firefox File menu, it will also
ask you if you want to save the Windows.

Cheers,
Mohit.
5/31/2009 | 10:51 PM.