Forum: Ruby on Rails can't use :update => in form_tag?

Mk 2. (Guest)
on 2009-05-30 20:17
Is this because a form submission REQUIRES the server to follow with a
new page?  Ie. it is impossible to submit a form, and have the view
returned used in a div (as with "link_to :update"); that view MUST
become a fresh page.

The more I think about it the more sure I am this is the case, but I
thot I'd check here for confirmation...

Thanks in advance, MK
Mk 2. (Guest)
on 2009-05-30 20:22
Mk 27 wrote:

> The more I think about it the more sure I am this is the case, but I
> thot I'd check here for confirmation...

Then I find this "form_remote_tag" thing.  Yay.