Forum: IronRuby overriding indexers

Ivan P. (Guest)
Hi
How do I override an indexer on a C# class?

public class IndexerContained{

        private Dictionary<string, string> _inner = new
Dictionary<string,
string>{
            { "key1", "value1" },
            { "key2", "value2" },
            { "key3", "value3" },
            { "key4", "value4" }
        };

        public virtual string this[string name]{
          get { return _inner[name]; }
          set { _inner[name] = value; }
        }
    }

I would like to override that indexer with something like

class IndexerContainedMock

  def [](*args)
    5
  end

  def []=(*args)
    # nothing here

Am I doing it wrong or is that not implemented yet?

---
Ivan Porto C.
GSM: +32.486.787.582
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim
Jimmy S. (Guest)
Pretty sure this isn’t implemented yet, as you can accomplish the same
type of effect with method_missing:

_inner.key2 = “value2”

It definitely should be fixed, but not sure if anyone has it in their
sights. So open a bug =)

[...]

hehe it's for mocking .. more specifically HttpSessionStateBase ;)
---
Ivan Porto C.
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 9:11 PM, Jimmy S. <