Forum: RSpec Disabling cucumber for autotest

Ben J. (Guest)

For some reason, no matter what, my entire cucumber suite is ran after
every auto test. Is there a way to make auto test ignore cucumber all
together?

Thanks for your help.

Ben J.
Binary Logic

W: www.binarylogic.com
E: removed_email_address@domain.invalid

1430 Broadway
7th Floor - NECO
New York, NY 10018
Ben M. (Guest)
Ben J. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For some reason, no matter what, my entire cucumber suite is ran after
> every auto test. Is there a way to make auto test ignore cucumber all
> together?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Hi Ben,
The default behaviour is for it to not run the features at all.  In fact
Cucumber will not even hook into autotest unless you have an environment
variable called AUTOFEATURE set to true... Want to check to see if you
have exported that variable?  If that env var is not set then I'm at a
loss on why autotest would be picking up cucumber's autotest plugin...
BTW, cucumber has it's own mailing list now:
http://groups.google.com/group/cukes

-Ben
Rick D. (Guest)
On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Ben J. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For some reason, no matter what, my entire cucumber suite is ran after every
> auto test. Is there a way to make auto test ignore cucumber all together?
>
> Thanks for your help.

As Ben M. points out this is not normal RSpec behavior.

Now you don't happen to be using the recently released autotest-mac
gem are you? It does automatically run scenarios, and I'd like to be
able to control that as well.

BTW autotest-mac seems to have almost immediately split into two
separate gems

autotest-fsevent
http://github.com/svoop/autotest-fsevent/tree

and autotest-growl
http://github.com/svoop/autotest-growl/tree

I opened a ticket asking for some means to control whether or not it
tries to run Cucumber scenarios

https://forge.bitcetera.com/issues/show/18

--
Rick DeNatale

Ben L. (Guest)
On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Rick DeNatale

> Now you don't happen to be using the recently released autotest-mac
> gem are you? It does automatically run scenarios, and I'd like to be
> able to control that as well.
>
> Rick DeNatale

That's peculiar. I'm not seeing the same behaviour with autotest-mac. My
scenarios won't run unless I specify AUTOFEATURE=true first.

Ben
Rick D. (Guest)
On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Ben L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Rick DeNatale <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
> wrote:
>>
>> Now you don't happen to be using the recently released autotest-mac
>> gem are you? It does automatically run scenarios, and I'd like to be
>> able to control that as well.
>>
>> Rick DeNatale

It seems to always try to run Cucumber scenarios but only after specs
have passed.

Looking at the code in the gem it seems to control whether or not to
run scenarios under control of an instance variable named surprisingly
enough @run_scenarios

It initializes this to false with it first installs the :run_command
hook, but then in the :ran_command hook it sets it to true as soon as
the specs run with no failures

--
Rick DeNatale