Forum: Ruby on Rails writing a custom DB adapter

Kretch K. (Guest)
Hi There.
Does anybody know of a resource explaining how to write a rails
adapter for a custom (say, a funky flavour of SQL, or even non-SQL)
database?

Thanks
Kretch
Michael S. (Guest)
On Thursday 28 May 2009, kretch wrote:
> Hi There.
> Does anybody know of a resource explaining how to write a rails
> adapter for a custom (say, a funky flavour of SQL, or even non-SQL)
> database?

Read the code of the existing adapters, or any specific one that comes
close to what you're trying to do. If you want to write your own adapter
that's at least as deep as you'll have to dive into the code that's
already there.

Michael

--
Michael S.