Forum: Ruby on Rails How to hook ActionController when plugin init in development mode?

冷血儿 (Guest)
Hi all~
I want to add some methods to ActionController. And I generate a
plugin. Although this example looks like strange.

init.rb
require "ac_plugin"
ApplicationController.send(:include, AcPlugin)

lib/ac_plugin.rb
module AcPlugin
  def index
    render :text => "Hello!"

And then I open http://localhost/user.xml. It works, but only first
time.
When I refresh that page. I got a error "No action responded to index".
I think: Rails maybe reload ActionController everytime under developmemt
mode.

How can I hook this?

Thanks

colder
Neo (Guest)
试试ActionController::Base.send :inlcude,AcPlugin

--
明天会更好
冷血儿 (Guest)

2009/5/27 Neo <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
James A. (Guest)
Use 'config.to_prepare' in your init.rb to include your module at the
start of every request in development mode. See my RailsConf
presentation for more details:
http://www.slideshare.net/railsconf/the-even-darke...

 - James