Forum: GNU Radio USRP issue

Sriram Krishnan (Guest)
Installed GNU radio 3.1.1 last friday on Ubuntu 8.04(hardy) and ran
tests for maximum throughput between host and USRP using
usrp_benchmark_usb.py. Worked fine on friday.
Not working today. Getting following error.

 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/db_base.py", line
68, in bypass_adc_buffers
    raise RuntimeError, "TX Board has no adc buffers"

Can somebody help me with this?

Thank you
Thomas T. (Guest)
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 9:03 PM, voipas <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   Any suggestions what's wrong could be here?
> Thanks

What's happening is that the kernel is throwing an EPROTO error on
certain control transfers. The error code passes through libusb and
the USRP driver simply reports the error. Unfortunately, the error is
vague and non-specific, though it often indicates a line or hardware
issue. I've heard this happen a few times with the USRP. One case was
a faulty power supply and another involved a USB webcam.

So if I understand correctly, your previously working USRP fails on
both machines now?

  Thomas
Thomas T. (Guest)
On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 4:21 AM, voipas <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   Today the USRP stoped work at all. And we found the something wrong with
> power. Maybe due this issue, we had this problems.

That's unfortunate. If the USRP stopped working entirely, the fuse
(F501) may be blown. If you have an oscilloscope (or even a
multimeter) nearby you can check if the power supply is doing anything
strange. I've seen a few of them fail in various ways.

  Thomas