Forum: Ruby on Rails alias_method_chain :process

Jay (Guest)

I'm trying to upgrade to rails 2.3.2 and need a little help figuring
something out.

Our app uses the plugin asserts_valid_asset to test the welformedness
of HTML that is generated.

This plugin extends test::unit::testcase by wanting to method chain
the process method.

class Test::Unit::TestCase
  //code snipped out

  alias_method_chain :process, :auto_validate

end

In Rails 2.2.2 this works fine.

However in 2.3.2 this fails saying the method process doesn't exist.

I can't find out what changed in rails 2.3.2 that caused this so that
I can go and fix the plugin.

Can anyone point me to what changed... or what I could do to fix the
plugin?  I'm assuming the TestProcess include got moved...
I'm also wondering if this is a loading problem... maybe TestProcess
isn't included yet by the time the plugin's init.rb file is being
called.

Thanks for any thoughts / suggestions that could send me down a path
too look into.
Jay
Frederick C. (Guest)
On May 26, 7:40 pm, Jay <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to upgrade to rails 2.3.2 and need a little help figuring
> something out.
>
> Our app uses the plugin asserts_valid_asset to test the welformedness
> of HTML that is generated.
>
> This plugin extends test::unit::testcase by wanting to method chain
> the process method.

I think that stuff is now only in ActionController::TestCase

Fred