Forum: Ruby on Rails Installation Problem

Sushrut S. (Guest)
on 2009-05-26 17:06
At the time of installation of rails 2.3.2
it gives an error

ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
    SocketError reading http://gems.rubyforge.org/gems/rake-0.8.7.gem

actually i want to install rails 2.2.2. ON WINDOWS
Plz help!!!
Conrad T. (Guest)
On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 6:06 AM, Sushrut S. <

> At the time of installation of rails 2.3.2
> it gives an error
>
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
>    SocketError reading http://gems.rubyforge.org/gems/rake-0.8.7.gem
>
> actually i want to install rails 2.2.2. ON WINDOWS
> Plz help!!!

On Windows, you'll have to do the following in the dos prompt:

gem install rails -v 2.2.2

-Conrad