Forum: NGINX 301 Redirect Domain

Chris W. (Guest)
on 2009-05-26 00:30
Is there a way to redirect and old domain to a new one,

For instance, all I did was change domains, the structure is all still
the same.

I just need to redirect xxxx.com to xxxy.com while still keeping the
structure of the incoming links as they remain in the same pace on the
new site.
Edho P Arief (Guest)
On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 3:30 AM, Chris W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

something like this?

server {
       listen                          <ipaddress/port>;
       server_name                             oldadress.com;
       rewrite         ^(.*)$  http://newaddress.com$1 permanent;
}
Jim O. (Guest)
Chris W. wrote:
> Is there a way to redirect and old domain to a new one,
>
> For instance, all I did was change domains, the structure is all still
> the same.
>
> I just need to redirect xxxx.com to xxxy.com while still keeping the
> structure of the incoming links as they remain in the same pace on the
> new site.

server {

    listen 80;

    server_name xxxx.com www.xxxx.com;

    rewrite  ^  http://yyyy.com$request_uri? permanent;

}

should do it.

If you want to get fancy you can separate out like:

server {

    listen 80;

    server_name xxxx.com;

    rewrite  ^  http://yyyy.com$request_uri? permanent;