Forum: RSpec [rspec] http://rspec.info examples are broken

Jarmo P. (Guest)
It seems that some examples at http://rspec.info are broken with
invalid html.

For example: http://rspec.info/documentation/before_and_after.html

All those spans there should not be visible, I think :) Isn't
rspec.info web tested well enough? :P

Best regards,
Jarmo
Aslak H. (Guest)
> It seems that some examples at http://rspec.info are broken with
> invalid html.
>
> For example: http://rspec.info/documentation/before_and_after.html

I assume you're referring to:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Frsp...

> All those spans there should not be visible, I think :) Isn't
> rspec.info web tested well enough? :P

It's not tested at all. Any suggestions about how to improve it?

Aslak
David C. (Guest)
On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 3:43 PM, aslak hellesoy
>> rspec.info web tested well enough? :P
>>

> It's not tested at all. Any suggestions about how to improve it?

I think the reason it's broken is because we generated the website
using webby, which depends on something that depends on something that
depends on something that I upgraded and it broke the website
generation. The website will soon be replaced, so I'm not really
interested in spending time improving what's there now.
Jarmo P. (Guest)
On May 25, 10:43 pm, aslak hellesoy <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> > It seems that some examples athttp://rspec.infoare broken with
> > invalid html.
>
> > For example:http://rspec.info/documentation/before_and_after.html
>
> I assume you're referring
to:http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Frsp......
I didn't mean validation errors per se, but just the fact that instead
of
account.balance.should == Money.new(0) there is this line
(<span class="i">0</span>)

> > All those spans there should not be visible, I think :) Isn't
> >rspec.infoweb tested well enough? :P
>
> It's not tested at all. Any suggestions about how to improve it?
I don't know if that's the suggestion you wanted to hear, but you
could use Watir or Selenium maybe to have few integration tests if you
have some extra time.

David, nice explanation as of why this happened, lol.
Anyway, why I even brought this topic up, was because I recommended
friend to try RSpec and gave him this link, which now is quite hard to
understand because of all this mess. Hopefully new web will be
available soon!

Jarmo