Forum: GNU Radio Ways to limit stored vector length with file_sink( )

Yc P. (Guest)

I'm trying to record a complex vector out of usrp2 into a file.

Since I'm a newbie with python, I started to implement it on GRC with
the file_sink and usrp2_source, though I can understand the generated
.py file.

But when I run it, the file_sink records data forever until I force it
stop.
This easily gets more than hundred of megabytes of data.

I tried with longer vector length with stream to vector module, but
nothing different.

So, does anybody know how to record a complex data with any given length
and stop?

I'd appreciate any recommendations on GRC or .py commands.

Best regards,
ycpark.
Sebastiaan H. (Guest)
YC

I only have Gnuradio with a USRP1, but I assume the procedure should
be similar.  There are two blocks, head and skiphead that allow you to
play around with where you want to start recording samples and how
many you record.

Sebastiaan
Yc P. (Guest)
on 2009-05-25 14:56
Sebastiaan H. wrote:
> YC
>
> I only have Gnuradio with a USRP1, but I assume the procedure should
> be similar.  There are two blocks, head and skiphead that allow you to
> play around with where you want to start recording samples and how
> many you record.
>
> Sebastiaan

Thank you Sebastiaan,

I feel that I'm movinig a step forward.