Forum: RSpec Latest cucumber 0.3.6 + rspec >1.2.2 broken?

Ari (Guest)
Hi all,

It looks like the following line was removed from "/lib/spec/
expectations.rb" on April 11:

attr_accessor :differ

When I try to use cucumber (version 0.3.6), it tries to
call ::Spec:Expectations.differ= and fails.  There does not seem to be
anything in the history regarding the removal/deprecation of this
method -- is this a bug in rspec, bug in cucumber, both, or neither?
David C. (Guest)
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 8:26 AM, Ari <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> method -- is this a bug in rspec, bug in cucumber, both, or neither?
Depends on your viewpoint :)

Regardless of whose bug it is, this was fixed in the cucumber release
that followed the rspec release that broke cucumber (follow all that?)
So if it's recurred it sounds like a regression in cucumber.
Aslak H. (Guest)
> Hi all,
>
> It looks like the following line was removed from "/lib/spec/
> expectations.rb" on April 11:
>
> attr_accessor :differ
>
> When I try to use cucumber (version 0.3.6), it tries to
> call ::Spec:Expectations.differ= and fails.  There does not seem to be

The actual command, error message and stacktrace would be helpful.