Forum: GNU Radio Anyone on this list have a SheevaPlug

Marcus D. Leech (Guest)
I just saw on slashdot an announcement of a interesting device,
SheevaPlug, which is roughly the size of a large wall-wart, and
  boasts a 1.2GHz ARM9  like CPU, 512M ram, with 512M flash, USB 2.0,
and a GbE port.

Anyone on this list happen to have one?

--
Marcus L.
Principal Investigator, Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium
Marcus D. Leech wrote:
> I just saw on slashdot an announcement of a interesting device,
> SheevaPlug, which is roughly the size of a large wall-wart, and
>   boasts a 1.2GHz ARM9  like CPU, 512M ram, with 512M flash, USB 2.0,
> and a GbE port.
>
> Anyone on this list happen to have one?

No, but the ARM9 has no floating point support. Get a Beagle/Overo :)
It still might be interesting to run Gnuradio on, but it will take lots
of work to convert the floating point to the ARM9 "dsp" instructions.

If you are still interested, I'm pretty sure Angstrom is running on it,
and I explain how to get gnuradio running.

Philip