Forum: Ruby on Rails Ruby Acronyms

JannaB (Guest)
Newbie question, but I cannot seem to find this anywhere. What does
REST stand for? What about DRY (I think it means write only once?) ? -
Janna
Conrad T. (Guest)
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 10:36 AM, JannaB <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Newbie question, but I cannot seem to find this anywhere. What does
> REST stand for? What about DRY (I think it means write only once?) ? -
> Janna

DRY   = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_repeat_yourself
REST = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REST

You can find a lot of these terms within the documentation, books, and
various online
blogs.  I would focus on getting a good foundation in the basics and
building your knowledge
with Rails.

We're here to help,

-Conrad